Why do I keep attracting ‘losers’, or the ‘wrong person’, you might ask (pattern)? Why are everybody such ‘time wasters’ (you group them)?
Why am I so unlucky/ terrible/ horrible when it comes to dating (internalization)?
I am no self-declared love expert. I am first and foremost a sex expert, and also counsel people on relationships and communication.
However, this is what I learned and it was very useful to me in my reframing and it is this…
- Realisation – “I attract because I am attractive! Attractive people attract all kinds.”
- Take back power – “They (love interest) can try. It is up to me to use my discretion/ discernment to decide if they are the ‘right’ person for me.”
- Take back control – “I get to decide if people who come into my life get to stay in it” (letting go of fear).
- Let go fear of getting hurt – “I have been through many things. I can handle whatever comes my way” (including the possibility of getting hurt).
- Staying open – “I choose to believe in love and the possibilities of love for me.”
- When tired of dating – “I will rest and pace myself in this journey of life.”
- Continuing to work on self – “I do what I can to heal myself and trust the universe will provide – while actively being open to love/ dating.”
- When still single no matter what you tried – “Just because I haven’t met the ‘right’ person doesn’t mean I am any less valuable/ lovable – I just haven’t met the ‘right’ person for me.”
I know many people who don’t put themselves out there and hence do not meet anybody to go on dates with. It’s a matter of doing/ trying while also taking the time to heal/ reflect/ regroup. It is a process otherwise if we do-nothing, we will also get-nothing.
Be patient, be kind, be gentle with yourself. Go deeper into loving yourself – just as I am too.
You are worthy. We are worthy. I honor you.
Explore sexual wellbeing
Join our email list to receive our top stories and the best podcasts in sexual wellbeing from around the world.
Can women orgasm in their sleep?
Ailsa Keppie, Feb 06 2020
Every once in a while I wake up after a particularly erotic dream wondering this very thing. Did I orgasm in my sleep? I roll over, try to feel my body’s status….
Every once in a while I wake up after a particularly erotic dream wondering this very thing.