Have you gone to a different world, while you saw that pendulum swaying in front of you?
It was a different experience as if someone is trying to hold you close to a reality which is yet unknown and mysterious?
In a world marred by structural inequalities, Hypnosis may have an answer for community well being.
As a “complementary and alternative” modality, hypnosis can very much help in alleviating stress and promote health and wellness, and provide assistance in managing pain and some aspects of specific medical and emotional conditions.
As a Master Hypnotist myself, I have seen the power of hypnosis to change minds for better. It goes to the root of the emotion and situation that your conscious mind cannot grasp, and let your subconscious deal with that in a safe space.
Hence, Dr. Amy Marsh’s Hypnosis for Community Wellness course could not be more apt.
It is an online course, of approximately 150 hours long, including 15 weeks of taped and live lectures, plus home study, and ten private practice sessions with the instructor, via Zoom sessions, and/or demonstrating your own skills through your own videos.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Basic “helping skills” for working with clients;
- Basic hypnosis skills as per the National Guild of Hypnotists curriculum;
- Theories and history of Western hypnosis;
- Myths and misperceptions of hypnosis;
- Techniques of Western hypnosis: various inductions and deepening techniques, and how to work with your clients in hypnosis;
- About the scientific studies which show the benefits of hypnosis for various conditions and situations;
- Health care inequities that affect marginalized people and communities, and what hypnosis might be able to offer;
- How to use hypnosis for a variety of specific conditions and situations;
- Autogenic Training and how to use this alone and in combination with hypnosis;
- When to NOT use hypnosis;
- How to learn and teach self-hypnosis;
- How to lead a community wellness group;
- How to hypnotize a group;
- Counseling competencies, ethics and best practices;
- How to apply understandings of intersectionality and social justice to your hypnosis practice;
- How to understand hypnosis practice and how it can assist community wellness;
- How to use hypnosis to assist with specific sexual dysfuctions;
- How to use hypnosis to support people who are gender diverse;
- How to conduct an entire client session;
- An introduction to the medical, dental, and surgical uses of hypnosis;
- And so much more.
The tuition fee is $1500 for this 6 months of training.
Dr. Amy Marsh also offers TEN scholarships that are reserved for Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color (as a form of reparations); LGBTQIA+ people; people with disabilities; and people who are recent immigrants to the U.S. but who are experiencing discrimination as a result of their ethnicity or religion.
One of you can avail this scholarship via Tickle.Life’s giveaways!
All you have to do is visit our website and share an article on your profile, mentioning what new did you learn from it. This giveaway is only open for people for whom the scholarship is open!
Hypnosis has offered me a lot, I hope it does the same for you.
Photo by Britt Gaiser on Unsplash